Thursday, February 25, 2010

Crazy Sherry's Mac and Cheese




Thanks for stopping by for Gollum's Foodie Friday! I'm honored that you clicked over, and hope you'll check out the rest of the blog for interesting family-friendly recipes we love! Some were successes, some are waiting to be improved upon, but I try to always leave my own personal story or comments so you have some context when reading through the recipes.


This week, I'd like to share Crazy Sherry's Mac and Cheese. See, I have this friend (Sherry) who is a NUT! She is fun-loving, spontaneous, and wheels her SUV all over our fair city with all the verve and passion of a NASCAR driver. She has two kids, a fiery redheaded and a new little dude whose flowing curly hair is approaching Fabio proportions! Sherry is an avid consignment seller/shopper and always knows what's going on with upcoming sales, bargains, and childrens events. It's amazing that she even has time to cook, but graciously shared her mac and cheese recipe which, I have to admit, is outstanding. It's easy (yay!) and much creamier than my great-aunt's more "homestyle" traditional mac and cheese. I like to stir in a handful of frozen peas (for color) and usually don't add the cracker topping because I have a "thing" about toppings on mac and cheese. On occasion, I have contemplated adding a small pouch of tuna but am afraid I'll mess it up; and seriously, this stuff is so good you'll be afraid to mess around with it too! Now, without further adieu, here's Crazy Sherry's Mac and Cheese:

8 oz. macaroni noodles
1 c. mayonnaise (any kind)
3 c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/4 finely chopped onion (can sub. dried minced onion)
1 can cream of mushroom (we use cream of chicken) soup
1 sleeve Ritz crackers, crushed
1 T. melted butter

Boil noodles until almost al dente and drain. While noodles are going, lightly spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick spray or grease with butter/margarine. Mix noodles, mayo, cheese, onion and soup and turn into the baking dish. Mix crushed crackers with butter and sprinkle evenly over noodles. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Thanks Sherry!

0 comments:

Post a Comment